Pioneer Sports Disc League Rules & Regulations
1. Weekly prizes will be $50 gift Cert for 1st, $30 for 2nd, and $15 for 3rd.
2. Every night there will be multiple challenges (longest drive & closest to the pin) winners will get 1 free disc.
3. Seasonal prizes will be a $300 gift cert for 1st, $200 for 2nd, $100 for 3rd.
4. An ace pot will be collected each week at $5 per player. You can only win the ace pot if you contribute that week. Ace pot will accumulate and be 100% payout.
1. All participants need to have a signed waiver on file. Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a parent sign.
2. Groups will be split into 3 or 4 players and spread throughout the course.
3. Players will all keep score on provided score cards and turn them in at the end of each round.
4. PDGA Rules will apply for most aspects of the league. As this is league play, some reasonable leniency will be allowed.
5. Rules not arguable are as follows:
a. No follow through within 10 meters about 33 ft and display balance
b. Clearly not playing behind the disc lie
c. Altering the course (trees, bushes, etc) in any way
6. Two players on the same card will be required to enforce any infractions of rules in which case the player accused of the fault will be cost a stroke.
7. Measurements for 10 meters will not be used, use your best judgement. If 2 or more players in a group determine you are within the 10 meter circle you will need to show balance. If you aren’t sure if you are, ask the players on your card first.
1. The top 10 best players of each night will accrue points to be totaled at the end of the season for a league champion. The top 3 winning season players will win additional prizes.
2. The top 10 point system will be 20 for 1st, 18 for 2nd, 16 for 3rd, etc.
1. Weeks 1 and 2 will not have any handicaps.
2. Before week 3 each player will be requested to play an additional 3 rounds with another non-friend member of the league and submit scores.
3. After 5 rounds have been recorded, an average handicap will be applied for week 3 and after.
4. Frisco SSE (scratch scoring estimate) will be 52 with hole 15 in the short position and 53 with 15 in the long position. All holes will be a par 3 unless 15 is in the long position. SSE is set at a -2 score.
5. If more than 25% of the league score at or under the SSE in any given night the SSE will fall one stroke for the rest of the league play.
6. The average of every players 5 best scores will be used to calculate their handicap for the next night.
7. Handicaps will be calculated by Your score minus SSE x .8
8. Example- you score 56 on the first night (56-52 = 4 x .8 = 3.2) Once 5 scores have been posted your average handicap will take place on week 3. If you scored the exact same all 5 recorded games (not likely) your handicap would be 3.2 strokes (rounded to the nearest tenth). So, if for week 3 you again posted a 56 your net score would actually be 52.8
9. Handicaps will even the field substantially, but if you play consistently you will benefit from the handicap. As more rounds are recorded and you lose your worst scores, your handicap will be reduced.